Sunday, July 12, 2009

Taylor Park, Albuquerque, NM

There's nothing like a picnic beneath tall shade trees on a Sunday afternoon. Well, unless you are in Hawaii, or backpacking through Europe, or hiking the red rocks of Utah, but today was pretty darn nice right here in Taylor Park, Albuquerque, NM.

Today I made my lunch and sat down at my kitchen table to eat only to think, "What am I doing? It's a gorgeous day and I need to get out of this house!" I immediately stood up, tossed my lunch into various sized baggies and threw it into my car along with a lime green beach chair. Off I went to Taylor Park where a bunch of fun loving, good humored and dedicated volleyball players had gathered for a regular Sunday afternoon get-together.

I sat in the shade and watched as the group played, chatting with others who were not playing. I really enjoyed myself but am a bit concerned that I may not be invited back. Why you ask? Well, because not only did I NOT play volleyball, but I made wise cracks from the sidelines.

New rules are undoubtedly in the works; I can hardly wait.

Taylor Park is an oasis of shaded grass in the middle of residential, industrial, freeway and commercial areas. Located on the corner of Indian School Road and Pennsylvania (just east of the outdoor Uptown Mall there is parallel parking on the North and East sides of the park.

It was a lovely Sunday afternoon. I may have to crash the next gathering since the invitation is iffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment